kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jiangjie Qin <j...@linkedin.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How to achieve Failover or HighAvailable in SimpleConsumer?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 17:20:14 GMT
I guess it is called SimpleConsumer for a reason. Simple consumer is
really simple and does not support any failure recovery. You might need to
implement you own logic, it is probably not trivial though. As a
reference, high level consumer uses Zookeeper ephemeral path to monitor
the liveliness of consumers.
Also, you might want to take a look at KafkaConsumer in the latest trunk,
it is designed to replace most simple consume use cases. If you are going
to implement your own auto recovery logic, maybe it is better to use
KafkaConsumer instead of SimpleConsumer.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin