kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sreenivasulu NALLAPATI <sreenivasulu.nallap...@amadeus.com>
Subject High Level Consumer use case
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 04:02:20 GMT
Hello,

I would like to introduce myself first. I am Sreeni working as a technical lead with Amadeus.
We planned to use Kafka for our billing messages.

Here is my use case:
We wanted to run a batch job every 15min with High Level Consumer by changing auto.commit.enable=false.
For now, we have a topic with 20 partitions and we would like to start 20 consumers one per
topic. In the future the partition count may go up and for scalability we want to use High
Level Consumer.
We were unable to find a best way to do this with High Level Consumer.
Can you please suggest how to map one consumer to one/more partitions? We are using Java Consumer
API for this activity.

Thanks
Sreenivasulu Nallapati
Senior Member Technical Staff