kafka-users mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <g...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Consumer limit for pub-sub mode
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 17:20:39 GMT
I don't know a specific limit for number of consumers, perhaps someone will
have better idea.

Do note that with a single topic and a single partition, you can't really
scale by adding more machines - the way Kafka is currently designed, all
consumers will read from the one machine that has the leader for that
partition.

Can you share a bit more about why you have a requirement for 30K consumers
with one partition? What's the specific use-case?

Gwen