kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jiangjie Qin <j...@linkedin.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Regarding using of apache kafka
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2015 03:54:50 GMT
Since Kafka's performance largely depends on the operating system page
cache. So usually people want to use dedicated machines for Kafka. But that
depends on your performance requirement as well. If you only have 5 million
messages per month, I think letting Kafka share the machines with other
systems should be fine.

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin