kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Li <da...@stargazer.com.sg>
Subject kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after 3 tries.
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 03:21:31 GMT
Hi I have a very simple code to just send out one message, the topic is
created automatically, but the message just cannot be sent out. I also
tried to change the configuration, the result is still the same. Sorry to
bother you all with this silly question.

For your information, the kafka server is running on a docker container,
which is run in a ubuntu server vm. The test class is run from IntelliJ
IDEA on the host, which is a amc os x.

        String topic = "test3";

        Properties props = new Properties();
        props.put("serializer.class", "kafka.serializer.StringEncoder");
        props.put("metadata.broker.list", "192.168.144.10:29092");
//        props.put("retry.backoff.ms", "1000");
//        props.put("message.send.max.retries", "10");
//        props.put("topic.metadata.refresh.interval.ms", "0");

        Producer<Integer, String> producer = new Producer<Integer,
String>(new ProducerConfig(props));

        int messageNo = 1;
        String messageStr = new String("Message_" + messageNo);
        producer.send(new KeyedMessage<Integer, String>(topic, messageStr));
    }