kafka-users mailing list archives

From Hemanth Abbina <Heman...@eiqnetworks.com>
Subject Inconsistency with Zookeeper
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:13:18 GMT
Hi,

I am running a Kafka POC with below details

*         3 Node cluster (4 Core, 16 GB RAM each) running Kafka 0.8.2.1.

*         Each node running Kafka & Zookeeper instances. (So total of 3 Kafka brokers
& 3 zookeepers)

When I tried to create a topic using the kafka-topics.sh, observing the below exceptions on
the console. If I try multiple times, the topic is getting created at some time. Please suggest
a workaround to make this work every time.

Thanks in advance.

[ec2-user@ip-10-20-0-196 kafka_2.10-0.8.2.1]$ ./bin/kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 10.20.0.196:2181,10.20.0.197:2181,10.20.0.198:2181
--topic reportspoc4 --create --partitions 1 --replication-factor 2
Error while executing topic command replication factor: 2 larger than available brokers: 1
kafka.admin.AdminOperationException: replication factor: 2 larger than available brokers:
1
        at kafka.admin.AdminUtils$.assignReplicasToBrokers(AdminUtils.scala:70)
        at kafka.admin.AdminUtils$.createTopic(AdminUtils.scala:171)
        at kafka.admin.TopicCommand$.createTopic(TopicCommand.scala:93)
        at kafka.admin.TopicCommand$.main(TopicCommand.scala:55)
        at kafka.admin.TopicCommand.main(TopicCommand.scala)

[ec2-user@ip-10-20-0-196 kafka_2.10-0.8.2.1]$ ./bin/kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper 10.20.0.196:2181,10.20.0.197:2181,10.20.0.198:2181
--topic reportspoc4 --create --partitions 1 --replication-factor 2
Error while executing topic command org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException:
KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /brokers/ids
org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkNoNodeException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException:
KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /brokers/ids
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkException.create(ZkException.java:47)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.retryUntilConnected(ZkClient.java:685)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.getChildren(ZkClient.java:413)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.getChildren(ZkClient.java:409)
        at kafka.utils.ZkUtils$.getChildren(ZkUtils.scala:462)
        at kafka.utils.ZkUtils$.getSortedBrokerList(ZkUtils.scala:78)
        at kafka.admin.AdminUtils$.createTopic(AdminUtils.scala:170)
        at kafka.admin.TopicCommand$.createTopic(TopicCommand.scala:93)
        at kafka.admin.TopicCommand$.main(TopicCommand.scala:55)
        at kafka.admin.TopicCommand.main(TopicCommand.scala)
Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode
for /brokers/ids
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:111)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1472)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1500)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkConnection.getChildren(ZkConnection.java:99)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient$2.call(ZkClient.java:416)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient$2.call(ZkClient.java:413)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.retryUntilConnected(ZkClient.java:675)
        ... 8 more

--regards
Hemanth