kafka-users mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Ziegler <juergen.zieg...@outlook.com>
Subject kafka consumer thread killed - no more message consumption
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 11:46:37 GMT
Hi all,

I'm playing around with the kafka high level java api.

If I have multiple consumers in a group, consuming the same topic with a
single partition, only one consumer will receive messages, as is expected.
When shutting down the consumer, another consumer will automatically
consume the messages.
If the picked consumer thread dies (killed, not shutdown!), is it the
expected behavior that no other consumer will consume the leftover messages?
That's at least what I'm experiencing, which seems weird to me.

Thanks!