kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ewen Cheslack-Postava <e...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: How do I achieve round robin based partitioning for topic?
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 00:34:51 GMT
Are you using the old or new producer? That sounds like the behavior the
old producer had -- it would stick to the same partition for awhile (10
minutes if I remember correctly). The new producer does not have this
behavior, preferring to round-robin the *available* brokers. Note that
since it round robins available producers, you may still see an uneven
split of data if one of your brokers is down or partitioned for some time.

-Ewen

--
Thanks,
Ewen