kafka-users mailing list archives

From nitin sharma <kumarsharma.ni...@gmail.com>
Subject Delay in Zookeeper Offset updates
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 21:32:39 GMT
Hi All,

i have run into a weird issue with my Kafka setup.

I see that it takes around 5-6 sec for Zookeeper to update the offset for
Kafka topics.

I am running "ConsumerOffsetChecker" tool to see that lag and what i found
that even when my consumer is not up, it takes 5-6 sec for Zookeeper to
show the updated Offset .

Is this behavior can be fixed? I have tried adding following parameters in
my Kafka server.property files but no luck.

log.flush.interval.messages=1
log.default.flush.scheduler.interval.ms=500

ConsumerOffsetChecker:
 bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.ConsumerOffsetChecker --zkconnect
localhost:2181 --group perfConsumer

Regards,
Nitin Kumar Sharma.