kafka-users mailing list archives

From Szabó, István <istvan.sz...@balabit.com>
Subject syslog-ng producer for kafka
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 16:12:30 GMT
Hi,

syslog-ng (https://syslog-ng.org/) is one of the most widely used open
source log collection tools, capable of filtering, classifying, parsing log
data and forwarding it to a wide variety of destinations. In its most
recent release (3.7.1
https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/releases/tag/syslog-ng-3.7.1) support
for delivering messages to kafka is added using
the 'official' Java client libraries and syslog-ng also provides a way to
set the native kafka configuration file.

This is a quite powerful support when someone would like to ingest
traditional server log data into kafka and I have not seen syslog-ng listed
on the ecosystem page of the kafka wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Ecosystem

Can someone please help me to get syslog-ng listed on the above ecosystem
page?

Also if anyone has a use case of delivering server log messages into kafka
using syslog-ng, I'd be happy to hear about.

Best regards,
Istvan