kafka-users mailing list archives

From Andy Chambers <achambers.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Offset Storage
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2015 05:33:39 GMT
Hi All,

I'm a little bit confused when I read about offset management in kafka. A
google search turns up the wiki page that provides some example code about
how to use the offset API[1] but also buried in the docs is the
configuration option "offset.storage"[2].

So my question is "can we achieve scalable offset management just by
setting "offset.storage=kafka", and calling "consumer.commitOffsets" after
processing each message?" Or would we need to adapt the code in [1] to our
particular needs.

Cheers,
Andy

[1]: