kafka-users mailing list archives

From Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbha...@gmail.com>
Subject Useful metric to check slow ISR catchup
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:48:59 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed that 1 follower replica node out of my kafka cluster catches
up to the data form the leader pretty slowly.
My topic has just 1 partition with 3 replicas. One other follower replica
gets the full data from the leader pretty instantly

It takes around 22 minutes to catch up 500MB of data.

I have setup ganglia monitoring on my cluster and I'm interested in knowing
what metric exposed through JMX would be useful in checking the reason for
such slowness

Thanks,
Prabhjot