kafka-users mailing list archives

From Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What can be reason for fetcher thread for slow response.
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:57:22 GMT
Hi,

In addition to the parameters asked by Erik, it would be great if you could
share your broker's server.properties as well

Regards,
Prabhjot

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Helleren, Erik <Erik.Helleren@cmegroup.com>
wrote:

> Hi Madhukar,
> Some questions that can help understand whats going on: Which kafka
> version is used?  Which Producer API is being used
> (http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#producerapi)?  And what are
> the configs for this producer?
>
> Also, because I know little about tomcat, is there a semantic for a
> singleton, or a server singleton?
> -Erik
>
> On 9/11/15, 8:48 AM, "Madhukar Bharti" <bhartimadhukar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >

> >We are having 3 brokers in a cluster. Producer request is getting failed
> >for broker 2. We are frequently getting below exception:
> >
> >15/09/09 22:09:06 WARN async.DefaultEventHandler: Failed to send
> >producer request with* correlation id 1455 to broker 2* with data for
> >partitions [UserEvents,0]
> >> java.net.SocketTimeoutException
> >>      at
> >>sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor$SocketInputStream.read(SocketAdaptor.java:229)
> >>      at sun.nio.ch.ChannelInputStream.read(ChannelInputStream.java:103)
> >>      at
> >>java.nio.channels.Channels$ReadableByteChannelImpl.read(Channels.java:385
> >>)
> >>      at kafka.utils.Utils$.read(Utils.scala:375)
> >>      at
> >>kafka.network.BoundedByteBufferReceive.readFrom(BoundedByteBufferReceive.
> >>scala:54)
> >>      at
> kafka.network.Receive$class.readCompletely(Transmission.scala:56)
> >>      at
> >>kafka.network.BoundedByteBufferReceive.readCompletely(BoundedByteBufferRe
> >>ceive.scala:29)
> >>      at kafka.network.BlockingChannel.receive(BlockingChannel.scala:100)
> >>

> >After looking into request-logs in all machines, found that there is some
> >slowness in broker 2. I am listing top 20 request processing time from all
> >the brokers.
> >
> >Broker 1
> >
> >  Broker 2
> >
> >                       Broker 3
> >
> >Producer&
> >
> >Fetcher
> >
> >Producer
> >
> >Producer + Fetcher
> >
> >Producer
> >
> >            Producer +  Fetcher
> >
> >Producer
> >
> >493
> >
> >494
> >
> >495
> >
> >496
> >
> >497
> >
> >498
> >
> >499
> >
> >500
> >
> >501
> >
> >502
> >
> >503
> >
> >504
> >
> >519
> >
> >520
> >
> >541
> >
> >542
> >
> >545
> >
> >551

> [...]

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"