kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Helleren, Erik" <Erik.Helle...@cmegroup.com>
Subject Re: Resetting consumer offsets after moving to offset.storage=kafka
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 21:34:08 GMT
It is possible to commit offsets using the SimpleConsumer API to kafka or
zookeeper for any GroupID, topic, and partition tuple.  There are some
difficulties with the SimpleConsumer, but it should be able to make the
call within your app.  See the scala Doc here:
http://apache.mirrorcatalogs.com/kafka/0.8.2-beta/scala-doc/index.html#kafk
a.javaapi.consumer.SimpleConsumer And look for the commitOffsets function.

I am curious, in what situations are there data loss?
-Erik