kafka-users mailing list archives

From Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka Out Of Memory Error
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 09:07:07 GMT
Hi,

Not sure. But, I had hit OOM when using too many partitions and many topics
with a lesser heap size assigned to the jvm

Regards,
Prabhjot

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Muqtafi Akhmad <muqtafi@traveloka.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
> Recently I got incident with kafka cluster, I found OutOfMemoryError in
> kafka server log
>
> > WARN [ReplicaFetcherThread-0-2], Error in fetch Name: FetchRequest;
> > Version: 0; CorrelationId: 7041716; ClientId: ReplicaFetcherThread-0-2;
> > ReplicaId: 0; MaxWait: 500 ms; MinBytes: 1 bytes; RequestInfo:[. . . .
> .].
> > Possible cause: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> > (kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)
>
> And at the same time there are socket timeout exceptions in kafka consumer.
> Is there any hypothesis about what might be wrong?
>
> Here is the cluster spec :
> 3 hosts, @ with memory 16 G
> partitions : ~200
> replication factor : 3
> rate in : 300 K/s
> rate out : 800 K/s
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Muqtafi Akhmad
> Software Engineer
> Traveloka

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"