kafka-users mailing list archives

From Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka Out Of Memory Error
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 10:16:37 GMT
Hi,

My 3 node cluster (2x4 core xeon, 8GB ram per machine, striped HDD) had
crashed with OOM when I had some 5-6 topics with 256 partitions per topic.
dont remember the heap size I used, I think it was the default one that is
there in the 0.8.2.1 bundle

I have been trying to come up with the numbers around this, as to how many
topics and partitions can a cluster of n nodes support. I have used the
producer performance script to pump data into the cluster. But, that script
has some issues and some parameters that are passed form command line are
not exactly accepted.
I'll try and take out some time on it and give out the numbers

Regards,
Prabhjot