kafka-users mailing list archives

From Marko Bonaći <marko.bon...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Maximum Topic Length in Kafka
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:34:40 GMT
AFAIK there is no such notion as maximum length of a topic, i.e. offset has
no limit, except Long.MAX_VALUE I think, which should be enough for a
couple of lifetimes (9 * 10E18, or quintillion or million trillions).

What would be the purpose of that, besides being a nice foot-gun :)

Marko Bonaći
Monitoring | Alerting | Anomaly Detection | Centralized Log Management
Solr & Elasticsearch Support
Sematext <http://sematext.com/> | Contact
<http://sematext.com/about/contact.html>