kafka-users mailing list archives

From Buck Tandyco <oink54...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Producing when broker goes down
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 21:23:14 GMT
I'm stress testing my kafka setup. I have a producer that is working just fine and then I kill
off one of the two brokers that I have running with replication factor of 2.  I'm able to
keep receiving from my consumer thread but my producer generates this exception: "kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException:
Failed to send messages after 3 tries"
I've tried messing with the producer config such as timeouts, reconnect intervals, etc. But
haven't made any progress.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I might try?
Thanks,Zack