kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Datta, Saurav" <sda...@paypal.com.INVALID>
Subject ZookeeperConsumerConnector error
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 05:27:27 GMT
Hello,

I am getting the below error message:

kafka.common.MessageStreamsExistException: ZookeeperConsumerConnector can create message streams
at most once

at kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.createMessageStreams(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:79)

at kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.createMessageStreams(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:97)

at com.paypal.risknrt.NRTConsumer.UDFcreateMessageStreams(NRTConsumer.java:91)

at com.paypal.risknrt.AsyncCaller.run(AsyncCaller.java:160)

at com.paypal.risknrt.AsyncCaller.main(AsyncCaller.java:378)

The code snippet is :

import kafka.consumer.KafkaStream;

import kafka.javaapi.consumer.ConsumerConnector;

…

…

..

Map<String, List<KafkaStream<byte[], byte[]>>> tempConsumerMap = null;

tempConsumerMap = consumer.createMessageStreams(in_topicCountMap);

This is on the lines of https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example

I am using version 0.8.2.1.

While I understand the error message, I do not see any other piece of code in the project
that is calling consumer.createMessageStreams. Any suggestions on how to handle this ?

Regards,
Saurav Datta