kafka-users mailing list archives

From Buntu Dev <buntu...@gmail.com>
Subject Consumer offset not reset to smallest when auto.offset.reset=smallest
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 19:24:42 GMT
We are noticing into these errors against certain partitions (4 out of 12
partitions) on the consumer and keeps filling up the logs:

 ERROR consumer.ConsumerFetcherThread: [ConsumerFetcherThread-....],
Current offset 104088851 for partition [some-topic,5] out of range;
reset offset to 104088851

If I'm reading this correctly, the offset is being reset to what the
consumer is requesting and not to the smallest offset for the
partition. We got the 'auto.offset.reset=smallest' property set and
I'm under the impression that this should reset the offset to the
smallest offset available in the topic. Please let me know what could
be causing this issue, we are using v0.8.2.

Thanks!