kafka-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From scott macfawn <scottmacf...@gmail.com>
Subject managing replication between nodes on specific NICs on a host
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 21:02:56 GMT
I am attempting to see if i can maximize throughput on 1GB interfaces. Each
of my brokers has 2 1GB interfaces on it, on two different subnet, with two
different CNAMEs. Currently, I am seeing that one of the interfaces is
taking 90% of the traffic where the other is basically taking 10% of the
traffic. What I am curious about is if anyone has been able to overcome
that by modifying the server.properties file to specify the host.name
property to be one of the interfaces so that the broker does not bind to
all interfaces on the host, and then modified the advertised.port property
to advertise the other network to the zookeepers. Ideally i would like to
split the traffic 50-50 if possible. By having all of the producers writing
to the brokers on one interface, and then for all replication between the
data nodes to take place on the other interface.

Has anyone tried anything like this?  My other thought is to test "teaming"
the network cards and assigning a vIP to them and essentially having a 2GB
interface.

/Scott

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message