kafka-users mailing list archives

From tao xiao <xiaotao...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New consumer not fetching as quickly as possible
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 10:35:21 GMT
Gerard,

In your case I think you can set fetch.min.bytes=1 so that the server will
answer the fetch request as soon as a single byte of data is available
instead of accumulating enough messages.

But in my case is I have plenty of messages in broker and I am sure the
size of total message are much larger than the default setting which is
1024 bytes but still the consumer doesn't return messages for every poll.