kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ofir Manor <ofir.ma...@equalum.io>
Subject Re: Unable to set log.cleanup.policy on topic
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 20:41:12 GMT
Hi,
log.cleanup.policy is the server-level parameter.
The per-topic parameter you are looking for is just cleanup.policy
See here - http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#topic-config
Also, it is listed in the help:

$ kafka-topics.sh
Create, delete, describe, or change a topic.
Option                                  Description
------                                  -----------
--alter                                 Alter the configuration for the
topic.
--config <name=value>                   A topic configuration override for
the
                                          topic being created or altered.The
                                          following is a list of valid
                                          configurations: