kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Trying to understand 0.9.0 producer and Consumer design
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 19:06:17 GMT
The major changes in 0.9 are for the new consumer. At the moment, the
design is spread across a couple documents:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+0.9+Consumer+Rewrite+Design
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Client-side+Assignment+Proposal

I'm trying to consolidate the information from these wikis into the main
protocol docs here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol

This is still a work in progress, so feel free to send questions either
here or to the dev list.

Thanks,
Jason