kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Abel ." <a...@amtech.mx>
Subject Better strategy for sending a message to multiple topics
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 21:16:26 GMT
Hi,

I have this scenario where I need to send a message to multiple topics. I
create a single KafkaProducer, prepare the payload and then I call the send
method of the producer for each topic with the correspoding ProducerRecord
for the topic and the fixed message. However, I have noticed that this
procedure takes some time depending on the number of topics. For instance,
to send a message to 30 topics it takes more than 3s because each request
takes about 100ms to return from the send method. Is there a better way to
accomplish this same task? Any recommendation?

Regards,

Abel.