kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Brian J. Vanecek" <bjvan...@up.com>
Subject Reading from __consumer_offsets in 0.9
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:37:26 GMT
All,

I'm running into a bit of a road-block consuming the offsets topic in 0.9.
In 0.8, I was able to use kafka.server.OffsetManager.readMessageKey(..)
and readMessageValue(..) to deserialize the offset messages. In 0.9, the
equivalent methods in kafka.coordinator.GroupMetadataManager are private.
The OffsetsMessageFormatter is available, but I would rather not have to
decode it to a String and then turn around and parse it back into an
object. What is the recommended way to do this? Or am I just out of luck?

As a little background, I'm working on an application similar to Burrow (
https://github.com/linkedin/Burrow ), which is why I want to consume the
offsets topic.

- Brian Vanecek
 bjvanece@up.com

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged
for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution
or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express
permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**