kafka-users mailing list archives

From Cosmin Marginean <cosmargin...@gmail.com>
Subject Leader not available (initially)
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 11:20:38 GMT
Hi guys

I’ve been seeing this in our logs a few times, when initially bootstrapping the system.

WARN  2016-01-08 10:59:24,232 [pool-3-thread-11] [none] o.a.kafka.clients.NetworkClient: Error
while fetching metadata with correlation id 3 : {mytopic=LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE}

It doesn’t seem to break anything, and it seems to be related to the fact that we do processing
on the topic right after creating it. Below is our workflow (roughly)
* Create topic (using AdminUtils)
* Register some tens of consumers
* Send some messages with a producer

I’d like to know if this is something to worry about (the warning that is) or if it’s
something we should investigate further.

Thank you
Cosmin