kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dana Powers <dana.pow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Leader not available (initially)
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 16:45:03 GMT
That is expected when a topic is first created. Once the topic and all
partitions are initialized, the leader(s) will be available and you can
produce messages.

Note that if you disable topic auto creation, you should get an
UnknownTopicOrPartitionError, and you would need to create the topic
manually.

-Dana