kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dana Powers <dana.pow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible Error Code for Kafka API Calls
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:03:22 GMT
Awesome! Fwiw, my understanding of the possible produce errors is:

LeaderNotAvailable
NotLeaderForPartition
UnknownTopicOrPartition
InvalidMessage
MessageSizeTooLarge
RecordListTooLarge
InvalidTopic
NotEnoughReplicas
NotEnoughReplicasAfterAppend
InvalidRequiredAcks
TopicAuthorizationFailed

The other bits of relevant info for each error code are:

(1) whether it is retriable (after backoff)
(2) whether it should trigger a metadata refresh

[In the java code these are identified via inheritance]

-Dana