kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Montgomery <davidmontgom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while fetching metadata partition 0 leader: none replicas: isr: isUnderReplicated:
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 12:12:20 GMT
I am not on aws i am on digital ocean and my advertiser.host.name is set to
the ip address.  From the below docs I dont have that issue

When a broker starts up, it registers its ip/port in ZK. You need to make
sure the registered ip is consistent with
what's listed in metadata.broker.list in the producer config. By default,
the registered ip is given by
InetAddress.getLocalHost.getHostAddress. Typically, this should return the
real ip of the host. However,
sometimes (e.g., in EC2), the returned ip is an internal one and can't be
connected to from outside.
The solution is to explicitly set the host ip to be registered in ZK by
setting the "hostname" property in
server.properties. In another rare case where the binding host/port is
different from the host/port for
client connection, you can set advertised.host.name and advertised.port for
client connection.