kafka-users mailing list archives

From Alex Loddengaard <a...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Leader Election
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 17:59:14 GMT
Hi Heath,

I assume you're referring to the partition leader. This is not something
you need to worry about when using the REST API. Kafka handles leader
election, failure recovery, etc. for you behind the scenes. Do know that if
a leader fails, you'll experience a small latency hit because a new leader
needs to be elected for the partitions that were led by said failed leader.

Alex

--
*Alex Loddengaard | **Solutions Architect | Confluent*
*Download Apache Kafka and Confluent Platform: www.confluent.io/download