kafka-users mailing list archives

From BYEONG-GI KIM <bg...@bluedigm.com>
Subject Kafka Consumer Example source code seems not working correctly
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 02:20:35 GMT
Hello. I'm a new who are getting started to learn Kafka.

I'm now trying to develop a sample java source code to test the new Kafka
Consumer, but it seems not working correctly. I've been testing both of
Kafka Consumer versions; the old one called as High Level Consumer and
another one called as a new Consumer which has been added at 0.9.0 version.

The problem is that both of those example codes seems not be able to pull
any messages from a kafka broker, while a sample Producer,
kafka-console-producer.sh in kafka source package, is running.

In detail, for example, when the Consumer Group Example source code
described in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example
was tested, it was automatically shutting down thread(s) after a while. I
guess that the run() in ConsumerTest.java seems not working correctly,
especially the "while" parts, because it did not show any println outputs
that must show subscribed messages.

Any advice and hint would greatly be helpful for me. Thanks in advance!

Best regards

bgkim