kafka-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Otto <o...@wikimedia.org>
Subject MirrorMaker —new.producer
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:50:50 GMT
Hi all,

I finally have a need to understand MirrorMaker well.  I’m running Kafka
0.8.2.2.  I see that my version of MirrorMaker has a —new.producer option,
which uses NewShinyProducer instead of OldProducer.

Without —new.producer, kafka-console-producer.sh seems to produce byte
messages that cause OldProducer to error with java.lang.ClassCastException:
[B cannot be cast to java.lang.String. So, it seems I should use
—new.producer, yes?  If so, are there other producer options I should be
aware of?

I have found
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-3+-+Mirror+Maker+Enhancement,
but that seems to be relevant to MirrorMaker in 0.9, correct?

Thanks!
-AO