kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Boggan, Matthew" <mbog...@underarmour.com>
Subject Consumer Rebalancing and Zookeeper Timeout Settings
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 02:50:38 GMT
Hi all,

I was hoping to receive some guidance around rebalancing expectations and zk timeout settings.
We noticed that one of our consumer groups was rebalancing constantly (roughly every minute).
After doing some research, we increased our zookeeper timeout settings from 10 seconds to
30 seconds and the constant rebalancing stopped. Given that this value is way above the default
settings for consumers (6 seconds found http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#oldconsumerconfigs?),
I was wondering if there was any recommendations on zookeeper timeout settings and if there
were additional consumer settings that I should modify to increase performance.

Thank you,

Matthew Boggan