kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tech Bolek <techy_bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject unable to delete a topic
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 18:29:51 GMT
Try as I might I've found it impossible to delete a topic in kafka 0.9.0.
I set delete.topic.enable in config.properties.
I tried kafka-topics.sh with the delete command .I responds with: "topic marked for deletetion"
but after a 30 minute wait the topic was till there.
Then I stopped kafka and wiped out the kafka-logs/<the-topic>*. I logged on to zookeepr
and did "rmr /brokers/topics/<the-topic>. The zookeeper reported the topis as gone.
But when I bring kafka back up, out of nowhere the topics pop up again.