kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dana Powers <dana.pow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Detecting broker version programmatically
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 04:35:43 GMT
I think it is possible to infer a version based on a remote broker's
response to various newer api methods. I wrote some probes in python that
check ListGroups for 0.9, GroupCoordinatorRequest for 0.8.2,
OffsetFetchRequest for 0.8.1, and MetadataRequest for 0.8.0. It seems to
work well enough.

Also, this is related to KIP 35:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-35+-+Retrieving+protocol+version

-Dana