kafka-users mailing list archives

From John Holland <john.holl...@objectpartners.com>
Subject Re: unable to delete a topic
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 21:45:24 GMT
What I ended up doing, after having similar issues your having, was:
 - stop all the brokers
 - rm -rf all the topic data across the brokers
 - delete the topic node in ZK
 - set auto.create.topics.enable=false in the server.properties
 - start the brokers up again

The topic stayed deleted this way.  In my case the topic was misconfigured
so I created it again and then did a rolling restart after setting
auto.create.topics.enable back to true.

I'm wondering if I have a rogue service in my environment publishing to the
topic in question.