kafka-users mailing list archives

From vahid karami <vakar...@gmail.com>
Subject TimeoutException: failed to update metadata after
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 13:01:57 GMT
Hi
I'm using kafka 0.9 in server and clients.

I want to KafkaProducer send data fast and does not wait long, so I reduced
max.block.ms to 100 ms. 100 ms is my ideal. And producer send data in less
than 100 ms.
But there is problem: document says first time that produce send data it
fetch topic's metadata and in a busy system it makes I got following error.
And producer even does not retry sending and nothing send to server.
TimeoutException failed to update metadata after 100 ms.

So to fix this problem I finally increased the value of to 300 ms, but it
causes slowing down my system.

My question is how to change configs to fix this problem properly???

thanks in advance