kafka-users mailing list archives

From James Cheng <jch...@tivo.com>
Subject Re: Consumers disappearing form __consumer_offsets
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 21:16:51 GMT
This may be related to offsets.retention.minutes.

offsets.retention.minutes
Log retention window in minutes for offsets topic

It defaults to 1440 minutes = 24 hours.

-James

> On Apr 11, 2016, at 1:36 PM, Morellato, Wanny <Wanny.Morellato@concur.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to figure out why some of my consumers disappears from the list of active
consumersā€¦
> This is happening in my QA environment where sometimes no messages get published over
the weekend.

> I am wondering if it is related to the default 24 hours log.cleaner.delete.retention.ms
> If that is the caseā€¦ what would be the best way to increase that value just for the
__consumer_offsets topic?

> Thanks
>
> Wanny
>

> ________________________________
>
> This e-mail message is authorized for use by the intended recipient only and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you received this message in error, please
call us immediately at (425) 590-5000 and ask to speak to the message sender. Please do not
copy, disseminate, or retain this message unless you are the intended recipient. In addition,
to ensure the security of your data, please do not send any unencrypted credit card or personally
identifiable information to this email address. Thank you.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments) by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee
or agent of TiVo Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc.
by email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written agreement.