kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dimitris Pappas <dvpappa...@gmail.com>
Subject kafka producers and consumers on different machine
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 14:35:36 GMT
Dear sir/madame

My name is Dimitris Pappas and i am a research assistant in Athena R.C.
in athens.

I downloaded the standalone version of kafka and tried to create
consumers and producers on other machines.

The producers and consumers built, which were listening to 'localhost'
worked like a charm.

On the contrary, consumers and producers built on another machine,
trying to send data or consume data from the ip of the machine running
the kafka server and the zookeeper, did not perform as expected.
Is a there a simple guide to set up such a grid of machines?

the error that i get is the following on the kafka server:

[2016-04-20 17:34:10,244] ERROR [KafkaApi-0] error when handling request
null (kafka.server.KafkaApis)
kafka.admin.AdminOperationException: replication factor: 3 larger than
available brokers: 1
         at
kafka.admin.AdminUtils$.assignReplicasToBrokers(AdminUtils.scala:77)
         at kafka.admin.AdminUtils$.createTopic(AdminUtils.scala:236)
         at kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$20.apply(KafkaApis.scala:565)
         at kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$20.apply(KafkaApis.scala:555)
         at
scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:245)
         at
scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:245)
         at scala.collection.immutable.Set$Set1.foreach(Set.scala:79)
         at
scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:245)
         at
scala.collection.AbstractSet.scala$collection$SetLike$$super$map(Set.scala:47)
         at scala.collection.SetLike$class.map(SetLike.scala:92)
         at scala.collection.AbstractSet.map(Set.scala:47)
         at kafka.server.KafkaApis.getTopicMetadata(KafkaApis.scala:555)
         at
kafka.server.KafkaApis.handleGroupCoordinatorRequest(KafkaApis.scala:702)
         at kafka.server.KafkaApis.handle(KafkaApis.scala:78)
         at
kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandler.run(KafkaRequestHandler.scala:60)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I would be grateful if you could help me with the forth-mentioned problem.

Thank you in advance
Dimitris Pappas

---
Αυτό το e-mail ελέγχθηκε για ιούς από το πρόγραμμα Avast
antivirus.