kafka-users mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <ssla...@gmail.com>
Subject New async producer NetworkClient endlessly trying to fetch metadata for deleted topics
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 15:52:03 GMT
Hello Apache Kafka community,

With kafka-clients 0.9.0.1, async producer doesn't seem to handle deleted
topics well.

If I create a topic, publish few messages to it, and delete it,
KafkaProducer instance and underlying NetworkClient which was used to
publish to that topic, will endlessly every 10 seconds log warnings that it
cannot fetch metadata for partitions of deleted topics.

I searched in JIRA but couldn't find related ticket. Is this a known issue?

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.