kafka-users mailing list archives

From sahitya agrawal <sahitya2...@gmail.com>
Subject Consumer not able to read from multiple Partitions in Apache Kafka
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 13:52:44 GMT
Hello All,

I am facing one issue with high level consumer API. ( Multi threaded
programming )

   - I created a topic with 4 partitions.
   - I started consumer with 1 thread and it was getting messages from all
   4 partitions.
   - Then I restarted my consumer with 4 threads, now every thread took
   care of each partition.
   - Later I again restarted consumer with 1 thread, that thread is getting
   data from 1 partition only.

If I see the ownership of that thread in Apache kafka server , I see that
it is pointing to that single thread only, But still it is getting data
from single partition only. Is there any known issue ? Can somebody help in
resolving this?

Regards,
Sahitya Agrawal