kafka-users mailing list archives

From Florian Hussonnois <fhussonn...@gmail.com>
Subject Consumer Client - How to simulate heartbeats ?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:32:07 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a use case where a message can take longer than '
heartbeat.interval.ms' to be processed by my application. As I understand
the heartbeats of consumer are done while the poll method is invoked.

I would like to instantiate a worker thread to process the messages but I
need to wait for the messages completion before polling again.

Is there a way to force the consumer to make an heartbeat without polling
new messages ?

Thanks,

--
Florian HUSSONNOIS