kafka-users mailing list archives

From Guozhang Wang <wangg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Expose Kafka Streams test fixtures as a kafka-streams-test package?
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:42:28 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for bringing this up. I think it is a good idea for exposing unit
test utils as a separate jar; for example, here are the current jars we
have in Apache Kafka (* are the ones that are NOT included in the release):

   -

   kafka-tools.jar
   -

   kafka-examples.jar *
   -

   kafka_{scala-version}.jar (i.e. the "kafka-core" jar)
   -

   kafka_{scala-version}-test.jar (i.e. the "kafka-core-test" jar)
   -

   kafka-client.jar
   -

   kafka-streams.jar
   - kafka-connect-api.jar
   - kafka-connect-runtime.jar
   - kafka-connect-json.jar
   - kafka-connect-file.jar
   - kafka-log4j-appender.jar

The "kafka-core-test" contains all the unit tests for kafka-core including
the test util / mock / etc classes.

We can probably do the same for kafka-clients / streams /etc.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang