kafka-users mailing list archives

From Shashank Singh <shashank.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject consumer (java client 2.11 0.9.0.1) poll does not return record in between
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 03:35:36 GMT
I am using 0.9.0.1 JAVA KafkaCosnumer poll API with timeout as long as
1000ms. I am connecting to a topic with 7 million messages. The message is
FIX message.

When I poll - I see that in between it returns blank records. Why is that
happening.

Is there a possibility that poll API is returning the same offset from a
specific partition more than once.

I have two partitions on the topic and replication factor is 2 with
retention set to 4 years on this topic. The cluster has three brokers and
thee ZK nodes.

--

*Warm Regards,*

*Shashank  *

*Mobile: +91 9910478553 *

*Linkedin: in.linkedin.com/pub/shashank-singh/13/763/906/
<http://in.linkedin.com/pub/shashank-singh/13/763/906/>*