kafka-users mailing list archives

From Mario Ricci <Mario_Ri...@Trimble.com>
Subject Receiving "The session timeout is not within an acceptable range" but AFAIK it is within range
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 17:55:04 GMT
Hi all,

This seems like a basic question and I am probably just missing something, but when creating
my consumer I am getting the error: "The session timeout is not within an acceptable range"

My settings seem to be good (group.max and group.min don't violate session.timeout).

Here are my settings:
request.timeout.ms=121000
session.timeout.ms=30001
group.min.session.timeout.ms=6000
group.max.session.timeout.ms=120000
receive.buffer.bytes=262144
group.id=consumeproduce
auto.offset.reset=earliest
offsets.storage=zookeeper
bootstrap.servers=10.7.52.170:9092
dual.commit.enabled=true
max.partition.fetch.bytes=2097152
enable.auto.commit=false
value.serializer=org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.StringSerializer
value.deserializer=org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.StringDeserializer
key.serializer=org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.StringSerializer
key.deserializer=org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.StringDeserializer
fetch.min.bytes=50000

and here is the code I believe that throws the error:
else if (sessionTimeoutMs < groupConfig.groupMinSessionTimeoutMs ||
               sessionTimeoutMs > groupConfig.groupMaxSessionTimeoutMs) {
      responseCallback(joinError(memberId, Errors.INVALID_SESSION_TIMEOUT.code))

I see that the error should not be thrown, though.  Can anyone please help? As soon as I get
over 30000 ms for session.timeout.ms I get that error.  I know previously I have had it much
higher.

Mario