kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Behera, Himansu (Contractor)" <Himansu_Beh...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Regarding Kafka Log compaction Features
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 19:12:12 GMT
Hi Team,

I am working on implementing the kafka log compaction feature in my project.

Please find the server. Properties. I have made all the config changes  needed/suggested in
the kafka log compaction  forum.But was not to able to resolve  the issue.

My use as follows:

Step 1:.We send a keyed message(String,string) from one of the producer  to the topic.
Step 2:Then we send around 10 million  keyed messages(with unique key) to the above said topic.
Step 3:Then  we try to send update to  the key in step 1 with some other value other than
 in step 1 after 1800 secs

Expected Result:  The key should be updated with  the recent value.
Actual Result: The updated key contains the old value.

Appreciate if someone can help me in implementing the log compaction  features POC.

Please find the server. properties attached for  your reference.

Regards,
Himansu