kafka-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Manns <benma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: max number of partitions with v0.9.0
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 03:42:18 GMT
>From my knowledge (beginner's) each partition still requires at least a
file selector on the Kafka brokers. The new consumer structure means
consumers won't store data in Zookeeper, but topics and partitions still do.

What I would do is key by your ID and place a rate limiting stream
processor in front of your heavier processors. This could be a windowed
task that counts how many messages have been sent in the last few seconds
or minutes. For under-limit IDs send to a high priority topic. For over
limit, a lower priority topic.

Ben

--
Benjamin Manns