kafka-users mailing list archives

From Anishek Agarwal <anis...@gmail.com>
Subject kafka 0.8.2 broker behaviour
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 06:47:33 GMT
Hello,

we are using 4 kafka machines in production with 4 topics and each topic
either 16/32 partitions and replication factor of 2. each machine has 3
disks for kafka logs.

we see a strange behaviour where we see high disk usage spikes on one of
the disks on all machines. it varies over time, with different disks
showing spikes over time. is this normal .. i thought the partition per
topic is distributed per disk and hence unless traffic is such that its
hitting one partition this should not happen.

any suggestions on how to verify what is happening will be helpful.

Thanks
anishek