kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tom Crayford <tcrayf...@heroku.com>
Subject Re: Suggesstion for mixture of 0.8 and 0.9?
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 04:04:27 GMT
Hi there,

JDK 6 is deprecated and there have been several security announcements for
bugs that remain in it. You should make migrating off it a priority.

Other than that, you *can* use the 0.8 producer/consumer with the 0.9
brokers - Kafka remains very backwards compatible. You won't get all the
features of the new consumer, but everything else should work perfectly
(indeed, we have folk doing just that).

Thanks

Tom Crayford,
Heroku Kafka